Tuesday, January 22, 2008

fleeting moments <3


Okae I found my card reader so here's the pic! If you scroll to a few blog posts down.. you'd find a similar photo.. that's when one bulb blew.. then the other bulb blew.. so er new photo! As for the 'bullshit' meaning behind it, put it into context and make of it as what you will ;)


Duke (in voice-over narration): "I am no one special, just a common man with common thoughts. I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect, I've succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and for me, that has always been enough."
[well maybe 'enough' isn't exactly accurate.. more like 'all I can do']

Duke (reading): "Southern summers are indifferent to the trials of young love. Armed with warnings and doubts, Noah and Allie gave a remarkably convincing portrayal of a boy and a girl traveling down a very long road with no regard for the consequences."
[that's the only way to really fall in love]



The romantic idealist in me has always been a fan of books by Nicholas Sparks. The one in particular which has been coming to mind recently, is "The Notebook". 

Long story short - Allie suffers dementia and has lost all her memories. But somehow her memory occasionally comes back for a few fleeting moments, when Noah reads their lover story to her. 

Those few fleeting moments, where everything's perfect again. Maybe it's the transient quality of such moments that makes you cling onto them, despite knowing the aftermath of feelings you're going to feel when it quickly fades away again. Or when we wake up. Those moments are not a lie or a game of pretend.. the feelings felt and words said in those moments are painfully real and true.. painful because like I said, "fleeting moments". But sometimes, such moments are worth having, again and again. Because at the end of the day during those moments,

 the truth behind the love you feel is reaffirmed. 


Like I said, it appeals to the romantic idealist in me ;)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home