Saturday, January 12, 2008

inspired by x

[*edit* er I don't know why when you click on the pics it doesn't show you an enlarged version of it =( but er just msg me if you want to see bigger versions! xx]

"it's all semi-autobiographical"

I write that at the start of all my sketchbooks.. and truthfully.. almost, if not all my art pieces, are semi-autobiographical. Often based off my own emotions, semi-inspired by who ever I am/was with.
I don't have pics of all the relevant art pieces but I do have a few :




This is what I did for alvl's and it was essentially based on a very bad and messy relationship that had "another girl" in it. It's a huge piece.. much much bigger than me.. and it was a very ambitious piece but I think I kicked ass for it. I remember sitting in front of it after I had finished.. partly being amazed that I actually pulled it off but at the same time, realising how detached I was when I did it and how I personally felt it lacked a lot of real/raw emotion.. even if I made it appear that it had all those emotions.





Probably one of my favourite paintings that I've done so far, and I did it in about 2hours, which is pretty damn fast considering the size of it is 18inches by 36inches. I did it at a time when I was in love and wanted to believe and make the promise.. that whatever happens, things will work out and be good in the end. It's based on this chinese proverb that shared quite a special meaning to me and this guy back then; the one about how the boat (haha I only realised much much later it's meant to be 'bridge') will straighten itself once it reaches the pier. This is one of my favourites because it's emotionally real. [but it pisses me off that it's slightly off-centre -.- yes my anal-artsy side kicks in]



I had to do this graphic design piece, about the same time when I was going through a break up. The theme we were given was 'The Future", I based it on my break up. This is just part of it and at the start it was painful to keep around. But I keep it around anyway to remind myself that no matter how shit things are in my life, I still have the strength to pick myself up and produce good work and do the work that's necessary, and to do it pretty damn well too.




I did this when I was in love with a very special boy and wanted to show him how special he was(is) to me. I've only given 3 paintings away in my life and this was the third. And I gave it to someone whom I just knew for slightly over a month. But that's how much he meant to me. And I don't regret painting it or giving it to him. It's based on one of my favourite bridges over here in London, the Millenium Bridge. It was actually quite a difficult piece to work out 'cause somehow at the start, I couldn't get the colours/pattern right and kept painting over and over again. And I tend to get a bit urgh when I have to do technical drawings that requires a lot of measuring and lines and perspectives.. But I worked on it through the night, without any sleep, to make sure that I got it done the way I wanted it and in time. And about a week after doing/giving the painting, it came to mean a lot more to us. Also, this is the first painting that I signed off not with my name, but with '-tink`'.




This is my latest piece. All the other pieces and most of my work, are based on my own emotions and experience. But this one's based on someone else's and it has to be a first for me. I just felt so strongly about it that a painting idea came to mind and I decided to do it, mainly for cathartic reasons. I forgot how cathartic painting can be for me. At the same time, I'm often too damn lazy to paint. But today, I went out, got the canvas and did this piece in two hours. And I put it up on my wall to remind myself how things are on your side. 


sometimes I really think I should be doing a fine art course ;)

and as always when I do a fairly large painting, I tend to somehow get paint on my arms and legs.. and this time, I very brilliantly managed to get some on my hair too. So I'm going to take a nice long shower and soak in the tub in a bit =)

xoxo
-tink`

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home