Wednesday, March 07, 2007

crushed by the weight of my own talent

I got into graphics, and my immediate feeling was that of relief.

It was possibly one of the most agonizing waits of my life. So more or less the same thing as the selection process for jewellery design -
8.45am : set up my work at the centre
9.30am : leave the place to feel like a nervous wreck for a few hours
[starbucks.......]
12pm : supposed relesae of results ... come back at 2pm
2pm: they start calling people in for interviews.. they said they had about 5 or so people and they do it alphabetically and one by one.. so I'm like mentally keep track of the surnames of the people who get called in, thinking that I would have to do an interview.
3pmish : results

Interviews are for borderline cases and I thought since I'm a student in a jewellery class trying to apply for graphic design, I would get an interview. And I had like a little speech and all planned out..

But I didn't need one. I'm in a jewellery class but I got into graphic design even without an interview.

If anything at all it, it was quite an ego boost. To know that my work is good enough to get into both jewellery design and graphic design (and possibly illustration at these two other colleges if I had applied).

To know that I'm good enough. That my art is good enough.

And don't get me wrong, I am extremely glad and grateful that I got in.

But right now, at this moment, fuck.
was it all worth it.

crushed by the weight of my own talent
- loosely quoted from this weird show, "Honey and Clover" (but it's not as bad as it sounds)

a blessing and a curse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home