Tuesday, November 04, 2008

hello again, random bits of updates-

draggy ramblings-

---

So I've been kinda disgustingly lazy.. think it's partly because my bed takes up quite a large proportion of my room heh! And this post is going to be quiteee inadequate and lacking in details of what's been going on, but hey.. there's msn and text messaging and calls for all of the nitty gritty details.. This is more of a 'report' of what's been going on so you guys get the general gist of things and can stop bugging me to blog! =)

It's been alright over here in London, missing home quite a bit though. And everyone who has asked me if I'm returning home this December break, I basically honestly tell them that it's not confirmed but most probably. To which they just reply something along the lines of "aiyarh whatever I know you're coming/going home". So much so that some of them have stopped asking me about it because they "know" that I'll be in Singapore this December break. So looks like I'm heading home this winter break =)

---

And in case you guys don't already know, I'm majoring in advertising and minoring in photography. Advertising's been really fast paced where in some weeks I have up to 4 project submissions in that week alone. But I quite like it. There's only about 13 of us (out of 180ish students in the graphic design course) who are doing advertising and we get 3 tutors. Learning quite a bit and my tutors are really good and one of them is really funny in particular-

Typical conversations with that tutor, Clive-

[Talking about an ad that involves cars]
One of my classmates: Oh I don't really know much about cars..
Clive: Well that's because you don't have a fucking willy like I do.
Haha the entire class was stunned for a few secs then we just burst out laughing..

[Talking about an ad targeted at mothers]
Clive: The problem with being a mom is that it is a fucking everyday thing. And it goes on forever!

Heh and he says all these things in a very normal sort of tone, which just makes it all the more amusing =)

---

Work aside, been having some fun here and there with friends and all. There seems to be A LOT more Singaporeans in the art schools this year and I've hung out with them quite a bit.. It's a nice homely sort of feeling..

Been to two gigs so far, Ingrid Michaelson and Alphabeat.. Both were pretty good though Alphabeat aren't too great in terms of performers.. and they took away my DSLR just before that gig and I annoyingly didn't bring in my other camera -.- so I was camera'less for the Alphabeat gig but I did take some pretty nice shots at the Ingrid Michaleson one.. and yes, we got autographs and photos taken with the singers at both gigs =)

---

I'll post something with more substance soon.. 
Nicely shot photos of my time here can be found at my photog blog .. the rest of them, ah they're on facebook

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home