daylight saving
So I finally decide not to be a lazy bugger and to wake up early and meet an mg/ac year-mate for church with some of her other friends. I happily arrive at the station on time at about 9.10am, messaged her to tell her I've reached and this is her reply:"Heyy! I thought only eight fifteen.. Ohno.. There's the daylight saving today right?"
*looks up at the clock at the tube station*
damn. -.-
I knew there was the daylight saving hour thing on the last sunday of October and I didn't forget it or anything. Hell I was just talking to one or two people about it a few days ago. But somehow my weird brain processed it as you set the clocks back one hour on Sunday, and then it applies on Monday.. yeap..
So there I was with an hour to kill.. but was lovingly saved by dear Starbucks =) And it was quite nice sitting in a more or less empty starbucks cafe in comfy seats, sipping away at my caramel frapp with some good music plugged in.. And no I'm not trying to make myself feel better.. bah!
[And as a side note, my friend as mentioned above, she remembered about the daylight saving thing. Just that she set her clocks one hour forwards instead of backwards. She was leaving her hostel at 6.45am, thinking it was 8.45am when her reception stopped her and asked her where in the world she was going at such an unearthly hour. I don't pass the reception when I leave my hostel -.-]
So if applicable.. set your clocks back one hour people! And if you're wondering what the hell daylight saving hours is.. check it out on wiki. If even after reading it you still don't quite get the logic behind it, then you're like me =) but er just remember to set your clocks back an hour!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home