Friday, February 02, 2007

it's not all black and white.. + FISH RING =)

[skip the ramblings, and just go straight to the photos =) ]

This may sound a littttttlleee bit strange to those of you who aren't accustomed to London's freakish weather but -

On the way back from school at 4+ pm.. I saw the sun!!!!!

I had a really good crit this morning =) We were broken into small groups and we just presented our work to each other within that group.. Then with the whole class, the tutor went from group to group asking one person to pick out what he/she thinks is the best piece from the group. When it came to ours, the tutor asked me to pick one. And I hesitated.

I was so hoping that he wouldn't ask me. There were 4 people in my group and at the risk of sounding full of myself.. and trust me I rarely articulate such stuff especially when it concerns my art.. my piece was most likely/probably the best from my group.. But er my art and me praising it.. doesn't quite go well together.

So I hesitated.

A split second after I hesitated, my tutor who already told me that he likes my piece offered, "you can choose your own if you want". And I was just like "er heh...". One of my group mates stepped in and said that she'd choose my piece. =)

Long story short - My tutor talked about how I did a really good piece and that my research sheets were good and that I really had a lot of ideas (too many at times I think). He went on to say that my work is bordering (bordering? only bordering?? dammit -.-) on a distinction. But he only said that about my piece so I guess it's all good =) [will post a good photo of it soon!]

Oh and as a mini side assignment, we had to learn metal casting and just try out this wax carving process thing.. Which post people didn't even get started on but I did mine.. and my tutor pointed out how "lovely" it is and how I'm crazy for not being sure that I'll be majoring in jewellery (he's been saying that quite a bit lately =\)

anyway.. tada!




It's made of silver and I think I might make a few duplicates to sell as some of my friends said that they might buy one from me.. any takers =D *looks hopeful..

So crit went well, my efforts paid off.. Treated myself to a little something whilst I was out with friends during our lunch break. It was totally coincidental but ah I love buys like that =) And I got it especially because of the black and white colours.. reminded me of you for a bit =)



Ah well. I still like it..

Little bits of retail therapy don't seem to be as effective as I had hoped that they'd be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home