Friday, April 18, 2008

clink*


disclaimer : this post is probably going to sound fairly disjointed -



was going to come home (have I mentioned that I hate London's public transport system, all the delays) and just sleep it off.. but decided to update this little thing of mine first in a bid to just chill..

so I originally set this blog up partially as a means to stay in contact with friends from back home.. so I apologise for not doing my usual quick post of 'yes I'm alive and back in london'.. been back close to a week now and I'm still annoyingly sick.. the freaking cold 'spring' weather is not helping either.. but it hasn't snowed since I've gotten back, and I'm grateful for that..

was going to do a quick post before dinner but the usual rushing about prevented me from doing so.. wanted to post this quote from grey's anatomy (another one of the 'daily quotes' from my facebook app)

Meredith : Who gets to determine when the old ends and the new begins? It's not on the calendar, it's not a birthday, it's not a new year. It's an event - big or small, something that changes us, ideally it gives us hope, a new way of living and looking at the world, letting go of old habits, old memories. What's important is that we never stop believing we can have a new beginning, but it's also important to remember amid all the crap that there are a few things really worth holding on to. 

Just thought it was a nice quote. And it's a new term back here in London, where people say all the fun is. Time to have a kick-ass term, especially in terms of my school work. And so I toast again to 'talent', not to say that I really think I do have it. Someone once said that my talent is one of my unwavering traits that the person loves. Right back at you. So an apt toast. And somewhat sheepishly enough, I was planning beforehand what to toast to before I proposed a toast and we clinked our glasses together. 

I'm going to chill a bit more before I try and get some sleep. My room strongly feels like it's missing too many items...

*edit - 
watching the (long-awaited) new episode of one tree hill, and of course, new episode, new quote -

Andy : what are you doing out here
Lucas : what do you mean
Andy : i mean it's not like we haven't loved having you, but it's time to get back to your life. And it starts with a simple question - what do you want?

Was having a conversation with a dearly close friend earlier today:
I was talking about how sometimes when you don't get what you want.. you may just end up getting something even better.. especially so when most of the time, we have no idea what we want..
But more importantly, to have faith that things will work out in the end.. even if it's not the way we want it to be. It will work out in the end.  

I actually feel quite chilled now..
despite the second half of the one tree hill episode being temporarily mia -.-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home