a certain date
You know how sometimes weeks before a certain date, metaphorically you have one of those forgetmenot ribbons tied round your finger and every other minute you remember to remember that certain date. But somehow that ribbon falls off without notice and it's only the night before that certain date.. does the 'ohfuck' moment hit you..---
Was reading an article about fathers going to their kids' school plays, sport games etc.. Reminded me of a moment that happened about say, 15 years ago? I was in kindergarten preparing for one of those annoyingly cute but blatantly crap sort of plays that little kids do and their parents indulge them by watching and cheering. In the class/wating room just before the start of the play, I was in a swan costume and my teacher was helping me with my hair or something.. My dad had just arrived and he walked past the window and saw me and said hi and smiled or something.. And my teacher made some comment about swan princess.. I don't know, but somehow that memory has stuck with me..
..and quite possibly the favourite memory I have with my dad.
Heh, look at me getting sappy over my dad.. it's probably my damn flu's fault.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home