tgisaturday!
AC day! And photo-filled! :D
A whole bunch of us met up for lunch. Worried that I was going to be late (because I was loving my bed a bit too much), I got ready in double time and sped walked to the station where we said we'd meet up. I got there just in time and there was only two other people out of eight there -.- By the time everyone came, it was about half an hour over the meeting time -.- But yea then again, London's transport system is annoying during weekends..
Ashley wanted to bring us to this Indian Buffet that was "definitely" very close by.. But being Ashley, he couldn't remember exactly what the place was called or where it was located. So we walked around in quite literally circles for quite a while before we decided to give up and go to this other Indian restaurant. The food was pretty good and it's really near my place =)
After lunch.. in typical Singaporean fashion, we spent ages trying to decide what to do. Friend had a car so we had difficulties trying to figure out where to go that had free parking. We were standing there in our little 'discussion' for close to 45 minutes o.O
Finally decided to make use of the day's good weather and head to a park =) We went to Canary Wharf, which I still insist despite a SINGAPOREAN friend's denial, that it is pretty much London's version of the Singapore CBD area. I mean look at it!

Raffles place no? [got the image off wikipedia]
So we bummed around in a mini mini park admist the beautiful concrete jungle..
And you know how I love kids and love taking photos of them.. I regret not bringing out my pentax or tlr but I did have my digi on me so yes I was at it again with the photos.. This time it was slightly more "intrusive" since two of my other friends were trying to take photos of the same kids too. So yes 3 cameras pointing in the same direction.. not quite subtle =x
He was playing hide-and-seek with his dad =)
These two kids were simply adorable.. It was the whole.. see each other from far.. slowly walk towards each other.. then the boy passed the girl and went up to her dad.. the guys were like "smart boy! That's how you do it! Go to the dad first!" haha it was adorably cute =)
A few of us continued on with the day and headed to Paddington for dinner. I've been to that tube station several times but ironically actually never went out of the station heh.. The guys introduced me to this Malaysian restaurant. Food was pretty damn good and very reasonably priced.. definitely coming back here again! =)
We then decided to chill at a friend's place. On the way we stopped at Whole Foods Market and ohmygawd I love this supermarket! As soon I stepped in I saw this :
Love at first sight ;)
There's drooling-worthy chocolate section
and I love the packaging on this set of chocolates!
but it cost 20 pounds -.-
Eeks!
Oh yea and the supermarket sells mainly
organic food.. so yea vegan cupcakes o.O
Cheese! I love cheese! A whole cheese section!!
[yes food makes me happy and excited]
Had a nice chilled time at my friend's place eating and watching tv.. and before we knew it, it was 1am and we had to get home by the bus that took forever to come.. and in rainy weather -.-
I'm back home now and it's still raining.. perfect weather for a good nights sleep (:
But I'll probably bum around for a bit more as usual heh


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home