this hasn't happened in a while.
long long post that no one's going to read from start to finish :D and yes, I apologise for the complete lack of photos in this waytoolong post..
Had a nice chilled night with friends last night, got home at about 3.. slept some time closer to 5.. and for some reason or another, I woke up a little after 7 and now I can't fall back to sleep. And you guys know how much I love my sleep, especially since I've start interning. With fairly long hours at work and late nights of catching up with friends over the weekends, I tend to just preciously spend Saturday and Sunday sleeping the wholeee day in.. but I'm up, so thought I'd update my blog a little.
I've been pretty busy at work lately, but I do quite enjoy the fact that I'm actually doing a fair amount of work in this internship. The last internship that I did at another design company, I did close to squat, so this is a nice change. If you had a read previous post of mine, you'd know that I've been working on design work and events related to the club called Lunar. My working hours tend to be from 11am-8pm, with the occasional visit to the club after. But having said that, sometimes the designers don't come in till mid afternoon.. but at the same time, sometimes they work till past midnight, sometimes. And the marketing people tend to have their weekends burnt at the clubs.
Oh but one of the things that I love about design companies, is that you can quite literally wear whatever you want =) None of that stuffy office wear, but rather casual-like in jeans or something quirkier. So yes, sometimes I do bitch about how tired I am from work and the annoying multiple changes that have to be made to a piece of work within a day, but I do quite enjoy this internship of mine.
So much so, that I actually extended my internship (yes I know, wth?!). I'm meant to be there just for a month and the Friday that just passed was meant to be my last day. But due to a variety of reasons, I decided fairly last minute-like to extend it for about 3 more weeks. The main reason that I did so was 'cause I'm actually in the middle of projects. Lunar's in the midst of expanding and the new place is meantttt (*key word here, MEANT) to open on 19th Sept (opening date has already been pushed back once).. and because of it, I'm learning quite a bit like the designing of an interior, the whole branding of the place, planning the event for it etc.. So I thought I'd work till the opening of it. Heh amusingly enough, one of my immediate superiors kinda forgot that I was suppose to end work on Friday and a few days before that he was like, "Ok do this and this and prepare it for Monday's meeting". I was like, er okae!
So yeap, finally decided to extend my internship though my holidays are quickly coming to a close and I still have yet to meet up with lots of people.. garh I'll figure this out.
In semi relation to work, the about a week or two back I was at Ministry of Sound on a Friday. I was actually really tired with a pile of work to do and didn't really want to club.. but but get this, my MOM was clubbing that night with some of my aunts and her friends. Now it's just wrong that my mom goes clubbing and I go home to do work. Heh it's just not right! So I met up with some of my friends for a nice dinner and then headed down to MOS with two of them. And since I've started working, I tend to bump into my colleagues at the Cannery. So outside MOS before I went in, I met one of them and he said he saw my dad earlier at Lunar. I was like yeap and my mom's in MOS. He was just like, o.O wah okae... haha yes I have fairly cool parents ;) But before you think my parents are some crazy wild party animals, my dad tends to just go to the Cannery area to chill with friends over dinner/drinks/smokes, whilst my mom clubs in erm, once in two months? Think they've planned (yes they plan, jotting it down into diaries and all) to have their next clubbing night in early October or something..
Yea so I met up with my mom at MOS before finding some of my friends elsewhere in the club.. when she was done at about 2+ am I met her outside and we bumped into two of my top bosses. They start chatting and one of them had his rolls royce parked in the VIP area and my mom started joking about how she wants to borrow it for MY wedding next time. He of course said sure sure no problem whilst I was just like.. wth! -.-" And I had to present some logo designs and what nots to them the next day or something -.-
Hmm hmm what else to blog about....
there's the onetoomany friends' birthdays in the month of August (as my sis says, December/Jan.. baby making-period -.-).. how everyone seems to be flying off a bit too much and too early.. er my over due post of the olympics..
but I think I've crapped enough for one post.. tonight's going to be another late night out but I'm not sleepy enough to go fall back to sleep.. but at the same time brain's a bit too tired to do anything.. actually I have some work to catch up on so maybe I'll do that.. or order the yummilicious mcgriddle :D ah heck I'll think of something
[wow I've been up for about 2 hours and I haven't done anything in the least bit productive.. it's wonderful how time just passes you by whilst online]


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home