Thursday, November 13, 2008

Comme des Garçons collab with H&M


Had a pretty awesome day today, it's been a while =)

Some of my friends are crazy over the fashion label Comme des Garçons so when they heard that the line was going to do a collaboration with H&M  and with the clothes priced much more modestly, they were quite determined to grab some buys. 

The line was launched last week in Tokyo and people queued up over 12hours in advance for it. So my friends decided that we should go down at 5am, 4hours before the store here in London was to be opened. My sleeping habits tend to be quite off anyway and there was a couple of items that I was interested in, so I thought why not =)


When we got to there, we laughed about how we were practically at the front of the queue =) And we joked about Singaporeans and "our kiasu'ness" (wow 'kiasu' is in the oxford dictionary o.O go check that wiki link out). 


But we had a pretty good time chatting with each other, other people who were in the queue, some journalists (we got interviewed heh).. grabbing macs for breakfast (I miss mcgriddles =\ we don't have them here). 

The hype started to build up after 7 when more and more people joined the queue and the press coverage for it was getting a bit too much. When the doors finally opened, there was an insane mad rush where everyone was running about trying to find what they wanted as they grabbed stuff off the racks. The sales staff kept bringing out more stock for the quickly emptying racks but the clothes disappeared again soon after -.- And of course there are those annoying ones who grabbed the clothes in insane piles, with the intention to sell them off ebay and what nots -.-

It was already hard enough to try and squeeze through the crowds to find the items you wanted, but you had to weave around photographers who had their cameras in your face. My friends and I all didn't manage to get the scarf we wanted, much less even saw where it was sold. As it turned out, we accidentally walked past it and it was all gone within 15 secs heh. Some of the popular items were gone in an hour.

It was insane and mad but I actually did have quite a bit of fun and managed to get most of what I wanted =) haha and now my friend said the staff told him that they'll be bringing in more stock tomorrow. The staff I talked to told me that whatever they had was brought in today. OH WELLS... I had fun =)

I didn't spend that much actually, but er I walked past Levis and noticed that they Damien Hirst did a collection for them. I think it's been out for quite some time but I didn't know about it. Just saw a jacket in the window display and popped in to check it out. Ended up buying it and having a nice chat with the salesman, he did some courses in my school =)

So yes, that jacket kinda killed my budgest so I'm kinda broke now heh.. but I'm happy with my buys :) and hey I haven't really done a shopping spree thing in quite a few months so tada! (yes I am trying to justify things..)

---

rest of the day's photos can be found here =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home