Friday, May 11, 2007

lying there talkng about stars and all



Damn this post got more personal than I had wanted it to be, and I've probably said a lot more than I was planning to. And actually the whole thing sounds a lot more emotional/emo than I really am I think. Hm, oh well --

That was a good memory.. as we laid there in that open air car park talking about the most random sort of things. Joking about how you're going to marry me and divorce me straight after so you can get my money, making me smile on the inside. Casual flirtings that were made in the name of fun that really didn't have a double meaning. You pointing out the 'plough' constellation to me.. Me being quietly impressed that you knew about it and subconciously noting how this was the first time a guy taught me something new about the stars. It was usually the other way round. But all that was far less romantic than it sounds, or how I silly`ly wanted it to be anyway. Nonetheless, it was all just surprisingly comfortable considering we just ever first started talking the day before, and it was online too. But even that was really nice. It was all a series of serendipities. And you jokingly asked if I learn such words (serendipity) in art school, and had to actually quietly look it up to find iit's meaning. Which I thought was really cute. And you say I speak in tongues because of the words that I use.. I remember too many little details..

But that night at the car park, that was a good memory, though you had other memories at that place that you preferred. But it was good for me. With that murky river/stream/thing/whatever by the side. You thinking it was gross and me saying how pretty and beautiful it was. Wasn't expecting to see something like that in that area. Wasn't expecting a lot of things. But serendipity. And that time, my friend was saying how everything seems like a fairy tale and all.

And I keep going off the point. That night was a good night. There were no complications.

Then there was that other night by the river, and on that beautiful millennium bridge that went up to the Tate mordern art musuem. The place where I love visiting and the place where you never go in but just do your bike stuff around it. Again, it all being far less romantic than it sounds. Or as you jokingly said, it was quite, but not the way it should be.

Anyone ever watched the movie Jerry Mcguire or listened to the song "Secret Garden" with the lines from the movie inserted into it? There was a line in it that went something along the lines of - "You had me at hello.."
I like that line
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home