stressing amplified -
went to lie down for a bit around 5 am.. ended up waking up around 1pm and going 'oh fuck'. The thing is, my genius school decided to a 'staff and student' picnic thing today, a few days before submission. And no my cursing was not for me potentially missing the picnic, it was for the chance that the workshops won't be open. Because of the picnic, the workshops were supposedly only be open the first half of the day. But my tutor, Helmert, yesterday said chances are it'll be open the whole day and he doesn't think anyone's going for the picnic. I like him =)So thankfully the workshop was still open when I got there. But my damn (annoyingly expensive) rings were giving me so many problems. Er how do I explain this without getting too technical.. There was quite a bit of dirt an this yellow crap colour on it because of the casting process. It needs to be put into the pickle (acid solution for cleaning metal to this satine white`ish sort of finish) to get cleaned. But it wasn't strong enough. So I had to heat it up the jewellery pieces till it was glowing red hot and then put it in the pickle. And repeat this quite a few times. Especially since because of my design.. there were little parts here and there, because of the angle and all.. They just weren't getting cleaned properly.
And I haven't worked in metal for quite a while now what with the easter break and all.. So I'm quite out of practice. I was freaking scared I'd heat them too much and they'd just melt away. Thank gawd it didn't. And the other day when I was filling and hand piercing (using this small hand saw) away stuff.. I kept snapping blades -.- The blades are really thin so usually we do snap a few.. I snapped 6 -.- garh..
And (yes I'm still not caring about the lousy writing and use of 'and' excessively) for one of my rings.. 3 parts broke off -.- I was just like.. great... One part, I grudingly went heck and decided not to reattach it as I decided it wasn't worth it. I mean I would have loved for it to still be there and be the way I had planned.. BUt you know how with such things, after a while you're just like - ah heck it. Yea I was at that point as far as that ring was concerned. Ane besides, my other tutor, Karla, agreed that part wasn't really necessary. The other two parts.. luckily enough Karla was around and she helped me solder it back together. Her soldering is godly......
So this godly solder`er.. asks what I'm putting up for the exhibition. I discussed it with Helmert the other day and we decided on the rings, their holders or whatever and 6 a4-sized photos of them. But Karla wants me to do an illustration piece for it too. Because my illustration is the strongest in class and she really likes them and it'll help me get a higher grade.. and all that crap. I was just like.. er yea sure.. But damn it. Like you could have told me this a week ago at least. Not a few days before submission. Now my layout for photos and everything is messed up and I need to figure out what to do for the illustration piece. And then do it.. She wants it to be some story line or gawd knows what.. -.-
And actually.. I kinda know how i want the photo shoot for the rings to be. Ah but if clement was here he could model it for me and it would b so perfect, in terms of concept.. haha but heck..
Oh and just now, I dropped a closed can of coke and somehow it managed to get punctured by gawd knows what on the side. So out spewed coke from the side. How is that even possible?? -.-
Things are pretty messed up.
In more ways than one.
Yes, bad pun.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home