Tuesday, June 26, 2007

2nd. from dangerous east london to the equivalent of '10-15min from orchard road ;)'

So my first year at uni, I've been living in student halls (hostel). I had to pack up and leave everything Sunday morning. OH MY GAWD I HATE PACKING AND MOVING. The fact that I left packing till the last week is not the point..... So moving out Sunday morning was somewhat surreal and semi depressing, coupled with saying bye to everyone else who was moving out that day. I'm going to miss that place inspite of all it's flaw.

It was in a pretty shit area what with it being in East London, which isn't exactly "safe". The last guy who harrassed me there said I looked cute and sexy (and then asked if I knew what sexy meant) and something about wanting to have sex with me all night long. Ah as we say, welcome to East London =)

Ah sure my room was freaking tiny with very little closet space and I'm not saying that simply because I'm a girl. And the staff there was pretty anal about us sticking posters and what nots on their precious walls. And sure I had to live with stupid people like one of my flatmates who almost burnt down our kitchen.. Noisy drunk people.. Annoyingly pissing fire drills at 8 in the morning.. Annoyingly pissing fire alarms going off by 'mistake'... etc

But I'm going to miss that place. I'm going to miss living literally 5secs away from my friends and hanging out in each others rooms and having meals together in the kitchens. Ah kitchen parties ;)

Oh well.. enough with the words and sappy past.. picture time! =)

MY NEW HOME COME SEPTEMBER:

This is going to be my room! Well technically it's like the living room but I want it 'cause there's a balcony at one end and a kitchen at the other =D Ok so if my flat mate wants to use the kitchen she has to come through my room but I don't really mind.. and I prefer that rather than me going into someone else's room to use the kitchen....


The door to the
balcony =D


And the rooms are pretty damn huge for London... it fits 3 single beds and still has tons of space left to spare =)


A pretty decent kitchen in which I've promised my friends in london to cook up a nice jap dinner for them..


The bathroom.. which has a tub! oohh yea... =)

And the best part of it.. it's literally about a 10-15 min walk to 'orchard roard' =) I'm totally loving this place and it's not even that ex considering the location, space etc. And I can take a bus to school instead of the damn tube and walk to most places.. So i'll be saving tons on transport fees (it costs 60ish pounds for a monthly pass on the bus and tube, student rate) and that'll even things out.

It's a two room apartment and 6 of us managed to get 3 aparments in that palce! =D with two of the apartments side by side to each other and the other a floor above. Well the floor above, one of turned out to be someone who's completely two-faced and fake.. very one of a kind. But that's another story.

Ah but I can't wait to move in to my new place =) and all of you should come visit me in london!! =D
xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home