exhaustion
I spent the entire of today being in a semi-comatose. As most of you would probably know, my sleeping habits (or lack of), have recently been more screwed up than usual.. so I really needed this day to just sleep.The past few weeks have been crazy.. projects after projects.. parties, dinners/lunches, gigs.. personal life being a bit on a roller-coaster ride that was twisting and turning too fast for me to realise or understand what was happening.. So I decided to slow it down a bit.
Decided fairly last minute to give the Tegan and Sara gig a miss.. Partly because I was exhausted and just recieved a new project and some changes in my class schedule.. and partly because I know a lot of their songs are played (randomly) in Grey's Anatomy. I know greys fairly well and probably could match the songs they played with the scenes in the tv series.. and last thing I needed with deadlines looming, is an emo night. Gave the party on Thursday a miss due to the fact that my sleeping habits were screwed up and I fell asleep and overslept without having any work done. That and I wasn't too close to the birthday boy so yea. Friday was my course's clubbing party. I hadn't slept the night before and had a crit (submission/presentation) that took forever and a tutorial (where I get grades and what nots) during the day.. so I felt half dead by the end of it and was thinking for ages if I had the strength to go. In the end I decided to party it up with my friends another day when I have more energy, and to just sleep off my exhaustion.
I think this week was particularly exhausting because on top of everything that I had to deal with, I was missing something I needed. So I slept through the whole of today in a bid to be less tired and to give my over-worked mind a rest. During intervals of the day, I'd wake up and wouldn't be able to fall back to sleep, but be too tired to do anything productive. I'd pick up a Murakami book and read till I fell asleep again.
But lately, under the circumstances of my life (the love life section being just that, a section), I doubt my mind can be fully at rest. Even when I'm sleeping I get way too many weird dreams.. that causes me to wake up a few times during the night (or day - screwed up sleeping pattern), or when I finally do wake up to start my day (or night), I feel exhausted from all my dreams.
I still feel exhausted.
I guess I just needed one of those long phone calls that I haven't gotten this week. Partly for cathartic reasons. But as always, I'm still doing fine ;)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home