Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I really am still alive! but !@#$%^&*

[ note : try not to laugh too much at my expense yea =p so far all whom I've told about this incident has just laughed.. I have such sympathetic friends -.- ]

Ok so today I finally get to sleep in guilty free. FINALLY! So I'm happily off somewhere in dream land.. when the fire alarm goes off.

Now, it goes off quite often.. Our smoke detectors over here in our dorms are quite sensitive and they detect particles rather than actual smoke or heat. If you leave your bathroom door open and let all the steam out, or spray air freshners or hair sprays near the detector.. the fire alarm will go off. And despite the twentyfreakingfive pounds "fine" for setting the fire alarm off falsely, people still accidentally (and stupidly) set it off quite often.

So I'm lying in bed and the fire alarm goes off. Thinking that it's just another false alarm, I pull the covers over my head and wait for it to shut up. Then comes the ruckus outside with people banging on doors and shouts about how this isn't a false alarm. I sleepily throw on a jacket and a pair of slippers.. drag my sleepy self downstairs with everyone else.

I'm outside with my toes about to freeze off (it was about 8 degree celcius and was starting to rain a bit), wondering what the hell happened when my taiwanese flatmate comes over to where I'm standing and tells me that it's our kitchen..

Ok................

Long story short.. one of my flatmates, this korean girl, was cooking something in the morning and she was the one who probably forgot to turn off the stove when she was done. Our stoves are electric types and not the gas kinds with fire and all. It works a bit like a hot plate? So I guess I could understand if she forgot.. But the best part was that when everyone was outside freezing, wondering what the hell happened as we watched the fire brigade drive in and all.. I saw the korean girl happily leaving the building for some shopping or another -.- She was completely clueless about what she had done -.-

Whilst waiting to be allowed back in, there were a few people amusingly taking photos of the fire engines and of the black smoke that was coming out of our kitchen. Oh and later on, the housekeeping staff came by our kitchen to have a look at what happened and to gossip about it -.-

When we're finally allowed back in, my taiwanese flat mate and I (we were the only 2 who lived in our flat who were around, the other 3 were out somewhere) somewhat nervously return to our kitchen where the fireman and housing staff were.

Basically whoever did it, has to own up to them by tomorrow night.. I mean they were quite nice about it and didn't scold or whatever.. Whoever did it has to pay for all the damage repairs (which I'm guessing might be something like 500 pounds or more? the housing staff said they'll give a quote soon..) And if no one owns up, then the cost has to be shared amongst the five of us.. and I am so not paying for someone else's mistake.. sighs -.-

And to top it all off, our kitchen's stove is (understandably) not allowed to be use till they have the repairman in and all. And for some reason or another, the housekeeping staff wrapped all our pots and pans, cuterly and utensils etc up in plastic bags.. So I can't do any cooking -.- MY FOOD! =\ I have to go to my friends' flats to cook if I want, which is just somewhat troublesome..

Called a few of my dorm mates up to ask if they were about to have dinner or something so I could bring some food over and cook with them.. But it turned out that most of them had either eaten already or were out.. When I finally did manage to find someone free, I felt to lazy and tired to drag all my stuff over for cooking..

I'm just going to warm up this salt beef bagel with mustard that I had bought earlier and have some fruits. It's a pretty yummy bagel.. but I mean.. It's still just a bagel.. Was looking forward to some relaxing cooking and good food..

garhhh... =\

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home