Saturday, April 19, 2008

Part 2/3 : my sexy little babies (:

[a post because you guys have been asking about my cameras.. I don't really explain too much about the specs of each camera, but there are the usual links out for you to find out more.. just clickity click.. or er ask me =) ] 

I've always quite liked photography but it wasn't till end of last year that I started getting serious about it. It was after I learnt how to use the darkroom in school that I simply fell in love with photography, especially film photography. I started investing in cameras and different types of films at quite a painfully expensive exponential rate. 

And it just so happened (pure coincidence I swear), my shitty basic digi camera died around the time my photography fetish was growing. So through some logical sweet talk, I got an early christmas present =) 


Nikon Coolpix p5100.. It's a beautiful 12 mega pixel camera with an insanely good ISO.. and I love the fully manual options of it. This is my everyday camera =)


Soon after came my favourite little baby, my Pentax K1000:

It's a fully manual film slr camera and I just love the full control of it.. to date some of my best photos probably comes from this little baby of mine =)


and on a bit of an impulsively playful whim, I got a Holga and a polaroid camera =)

a Holga is basically a plastic camera that takes technically 'shitty' photos that look 'artsy' ;) It takes quite a bit of practice and luck to get nice shots.. 


and well, er you guys know about polaroid cameras right? =p


and my latest baby, a Yaschia Mat - 124 G,  TLR : 



okae 5 cameras (and none of them being a DSLR) mayyyyyyyy be a bit of an overkill.. but er in my defense, I did spend a good 4+ months salivating over TLRs before I finally caved and bought this beauty..
yes, I do have a thing for old school things and with such fully manual cameras.. the whole act of slowly and consciously adjusting every setting.. makes you think more carefully about how you're taking a photo..  and it usually translates into better photographs being taken =)


and yes, I do get teased every now and then from friends about how usually people start with a DSLR and then work towards all the "quirky" cameras that I have.. But I love old school film photography =)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home