Thursday, June 26, 2008

fare thee well

ah for some reason or another.. I haven't really been able to stay awake in the first half or even first 3/4 of the last few days.. I literally keep falling asleep.. so I've been majorly unproductive and I'm running out of time garh! -.-

This is going to be another fairly brief post.. Today has been slightly on the emo side with friends flying off..

Ping was flying off today and it has been pretty damn amazing knowing him so I thought we'd have a 'last meal' together before he flies off -


Then we tubed to Heathrow Airport (freaking zone 6 -.-) where I almost got pick pocketed and where Ping wanted to unleash all his fury onto that guy heh.. Ping was flying on British Airways so we went to Terminal 4. ah been to that place one too many times..

The check in process of that terminal is usually quite smooth and quick but today, they closed some of the check in counters so it was a bit hell`ish and hectic -.- Oh oh and I pretty accurately estimated Ping's luggage weight just by carrying it :D And somehowww.. he managed to check in his luggage, which was 7kg over the limit,  without any problems.. I always get problems at Heathrow -.-

Joshua and Jon Tay were coincidentally flying home on the same flight too.. And Kellie was sending them off so we all met up at the airport. But as usual, we were a bit rushed for time so we didn't really get to hang out much at the airport.. And ah, I wasn't really in the mood for taking photos.. It wasn't a very emo fare well.. but I think partly because it was Terminal 4, I started to feel it a bit.. 

So we said our goodbyes and Kellie was starving so instead of tubing back, we took Heathrow Connect.. I THINK it's fairly new because I don't remember it exsisting a few months back where we usually just took Heathrow Express.. In comparison, Heathrow Connect takes twice as long to get from Heathrow (zone 6) back to central (zone 1), but hell, it's a 30min journey.. And it costs about a third of the price! Definitely recommending it to whoever is next coming to London! 

We got back to Paddington (again, not a favourite place of mine),  where I brought Kellie to a yummy Malaysian restaurant =)



after dinner I was planning on taking the bus back so I wouldn't have to take the Great Portland route back but Kellie was freezing from the wind and rain and was going to tube.. so heck.. I tubed back..

and garh I'll just end here, albeit abruptly.. I know.. 

xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home