feels like a friday o.O
---
Ah it's been quite a busy long day..
Woke up early to visit a graphics studio, REG, which is ran by two of my tutors in my course. It's a really small studio but it was kinda inspiring how they started it up on their own and all that.. Their studio is located in the Brick Lane area of London.. I lived there last year and it was kinda nostalgic being back there.. One of my favourite jewellery shops is there but because most of the pretty pieces are annoyingly expensive, I never got anything from there. Was planning to get something there for a little pick-me-up.. but didn't see anything that I liked enough to spend that kind of money on -.-
And for some reason I started feeling quite homesick.. and a bit of that 'sian' feeling.. I was planning to go for a good lunch, meet up with some friends and skip the talk that was to happen later in the afternoon..
But due to varying factors, I did end up going for the talk.. It was by Ross Cooper, an alumni from my course who later then went to Royal College of Art (RCA) to for his masters.. which is one of my main options to do a masters course =x RCA is practically the Cambridge of art schools.. I'm glad I ended up going for his talk.. it was quite inspiring and the work he has done is pretty damn amazing.. even the work he had done during his school years..
Before the talk, he gave the disclaimer of how if he was incoherent during the talk.. it would be because he only had 4 hours of sleep, which is the average number of hours he's been sleeping these days because of a music video he's been working on. Lately he has been focusing on doing music videos for "small bands".. and with the "glamorous" job comes with the lack of sleep, he hasn't really had a good night's sleep in about 3-4 months.. but damn, I never thought of doing music videos but hearing him talk about.. coming up with the concept, designing the set (I always wanted to do theatre set design), costume design, styling etc.. I get to do a whole bunch of things from the different art areas with such a job!
Ah I'd so lovee to do a music video for a local (Singaporean) band..
Here's one of my favourite music videos that he has done:
Badly Drawn Boy - Promises
[if you can't be bothered to watch the entire music video, just watch from the 2 minute mark for about 30 secs and hopefully you'll see why I love it (: ]
The entire lighting sequence was programmed manually, which meant 17 hours of programming.. before the client decided to change the song slightly.. which meant another 17 hours of programming..
It's such a simple but brilliant effective way of doing the music video.. And I might be a little biased here because I do have a thing for lights.. =x
Later on in the night I dragged my very tired ass to a friend's house warming.. and I feel a bit beat now so I'll just end this off with some pics from the party.. I have nicer ones on film I think, but not getting them developed till tomorrow -.- so for now, tada :
yea.. I tend to prefer the portrait format for my photos..
---
.
.
It's different everyday
Don't want you to walk alone
.
.
.
It's a beautiful thing to do
Sometimes you just have to walk away
.
.
.
.
-Badly Drawn Boy, Promises


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home