Saturday, June 21, 2008

I'm just a half-pint (:

Visited another studio yesterday and this time, it was a trip to Venture 3, a company that mainly deals with "branding". One of the guys from the company who talked to us, just graduated from the course that I'm currently on and we got some practical and useful advice from him about school life and the work after. Of course it didn't hurt either that he was pretty good looking =)

And I really love the studio, how can you not when its got a giant mushroom statue in the middle of it all :D Ah but seriously, the place has a really nice vibe to it.. There's slightly over 30 of them working there and as cliche as this may sound, it really is quite like a big family. I did an internship once about two years back, and it was a big corporation where it was very clique`ish with several departments working on one project but not necessarily meeting the different departments, or even the client themselves. Venture 3 is quite the opposite where everyone knows everyone and you get to learn from everyone else, even the 'top' boss. 

On Fridays, they do this called 'Holy Moly' where they basically all gather together along the long table to review the work they've done over the past week, and to drink alcohol ;) So at about 5.30`ish, an alarm (seriously) sounds off throughout the entire studio saying it's 'Holy Moly' time and to stop working (again, seriously) and to go to the long table.. it was pretty amusing :) And yea, we got alcohol too ;) 

Side note : definitely time to up my 'networking' skills -.-

Met up with a friend I haven't seen in ages and got introduced to two of his friends who are also from Singapore. One of them is just holiday`ing here and  he was telling me a bit about the fine arts degree he's done back home in Singapore.. ah I'd so love to do a fine arts degree.. some day some day.. The other guy, heh we realised we've got a quite a few common friends.. It's both good and bad how Singapore seems to have a maximum of a '3-deg separation' thing going on o.O

And yea, post-dinner drinking where I got teased over my half pint -.-


and kinda on the note of photos.. I finally sent my rolls of film for developing.. It ended up being 5 rolls garhs -.- think I might have screwed up a roll or two during the photo-taking process.. in terms of ISO setting.. I asked for those rolls to be pushed up a stop (er  I can't find a good website to explain this properly, but it basically means to increase the ISO setting of the film during the developing process).. I had a roll or two of slide film so I'm having them cross-processed..

Ah I'll see what I get back come Monday.. like my friend has said, film photography is like a christmas cracker.. you never know what you're going to get =)

And whatever it is.. time to fall back in love with photography (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home