Tuesday, May 13, 2008

ohmmmm

ah I'm back in relatively zen mode =)

I realised a while back that my general mood/sanity tends to be directly related to how I'm doing in school. And because it was a bit of a mad rush this morning in collating my partner's and my work together for our pitch to Givenchy.. I wasn't exactly in the right state of mind. And to be honest, I really wished my partner had done more work.. but ah well.. there's still the final final pitch to do in a few weeks time. 

Today's pitch was somewhat intimidating, especially since it was my first proper do for a client and not just a tutor. To top it off, you basically sit across the table in front of 5 people and do your presentation. I was like o.O But it actually went quite well =) They liked our overall concept and certain aspects of our execution.. gave us some advice as to what to do before the next presentation. 

There are quite a few aspects of the brief to work on and for one part of it, I just threw in a half-assed illustration with what I thought was quite a cheesily shit idea.. but did it anyway to fill the requirements of the brief and then I just bullshitted my way through it. For some obscureee reason.. they really liked the idea. I can bullshit but I doubt my bullshit was that good. I was a bit like.. o.O  But yea, I do realise that with graphics.. I'm having a slight problem figuring out what's considered good and what's considered shit.. ah I'll get there..

---

Now I have a typography project to do that's due tomorrow morning. Which reminds me, when I was in the bookstore yesterday, I annoyingly instinctively looked at the typeface for everything there.. it was quite a typographical nightmare X| This just brings back memories of how when I was studying literature.. you just naturally end up subconsciously analysing whatever book you read.. which gets annoying after a while.. that's why I like an occasional trashy chick lit book ;)

---

Oh and after reading one of those free newspapers, I found out what happened yesterday along oxford street.. If you read my previous post, I mentioned how I went into a bookstore and came out and suddenly all the roads were closed off. Long story short, a guy got stabbed to death. I was about 2 stores away!! "Best part" is, the whole stabbing incident started because the guy spilled coke onto another guy's foot. And it was just a day or two ago that my friends and I were talking about stabbings and muggings in London. 

But I guess in hindsight.. what with all that's going in Myanmar and the recent earthquake in China.. as always I am fortunate..

I do worry sometimes.. But so far so good.. and I am thankful for the constants in my life
xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home