Tuesday, May 13, 2008

[no idea what to put here, ironic yes]

It's been a longggg day.. and my brain's a little bit on the dead side so here's the erm, rambling output of my dead`ish brain :

Last night I had a repeat of "liedownforawhile" but really, "oversleepandwakeupthenextday.. I even just left my bag and other crap on my bed so I wouldn't get too comfortable.. no idea how I slept through the night.. Guess I'm much more sleep deprived than I thought o.O

Today starts a two week long rotation in the area of typography.. I have a love-hate relationship with typography.. I understand how difficult it is really to get the "perfect" layout.. and I do get some joy figuring out what works.. but it tends to get a bit toooo nitty gritty when you're shifting a letter quite literally an mm to see if it looks better.. having to consider the spacing between each letters, the spacing between each word and the spacing between each line.. the nitty gritty bits tend to drive me crazy after a while -.- ah but I'll see how the next two weeks go..

Did a bit of running around Oxford street searching for a couple of things.. It was a bit rushed since I had to meet a friend soon and didn't manage to find all the things I needed but ah well.. I went into a bookstore and when I came out, something had happened to cause the authorities to completely close off the roads to all traffic and there were empty buses all lined up and warning tapes strewn all over the place.. No idea what had happened and it was all a bit surreal.. would have made wonderful pictures but again, I didn't bring out a single camera with me -.-

After all the running around.. I spent quite an intense brain-storming session with my friend in the library to finalise our ideas for the clients of Givenchy for tomorrow's pitch.. We were there till about 8pm, and our ideas aren't that "solid" yet which is worrying me a bit.. 

Desperately needed some time chilling after so I called up a few friends for an impromptu dinner.. Before dinner one of my friends got his lip pierced and I am majorly jealous... I do think I need another little dose of such "cathartic releases" ;) my last round has long worn out but I'm still doing pretty good all things considered =)

We had a laughter-filled dinner at china town and went for dessert and coffee after at Leicester Square.. We went back to the same little cafe we went to the last time round.. think it's our new "after dinner" spot =) Had a good chat there and I kinda realised how similar you two are.. I did see the similarities a while back and someone pointed it out too (but for the life of me I can't remember who).. heh ah but more similarities were drawn out this night too, not too good ones though ;) and the radio at the cafe was tuned to some oldies station and the songs were getting freaking emo -.-

Didn't really help either that the temperature suddenly dipped to about 15 degree celsius.. It's been insanely hot the last few days at low twenties so I wore a tank top and a long pretty flowy sort of skirt.. and because I wasn't expecting the sudden change in weather, I left my jacket at home.. bad idea.. 
and mental note *such skirts are not made for windy days.......... 

and now, even though I am half dead and my bed looks ever so lovingly inviting.. I have to work on the presentation for Givenchy
urghhhh can't wait till summer hols.....

[yes I do realise how messy this post is]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home