Sunday, May 11, 2008

and the reds go marching in =)

[will upload photos here soon xx]

As mentioned in my last post, today's been pretty great =)

After all the running around and the massive eatings of yesterday, I laid down on my bed to "rest for a while".. and ended up waking up this morning about an hour too late for church.. oops =x

Dragged my overslept-butt out of bed to meet my uncle and his friend at Westbury Hotel for lunch. We had very artsy looking fish and chips.. and my Uncle is probably the fastest eater in our family.. and I am the slowest eater, ever. I felt pressured to eat quickly! A friend commented having meals with me is like a nice languid affair.. I like having long meals with friends =) but er no can do with my uncle =\

I wolfed down my meal in about 20 minutes (which is pretty damn fast for me, especially so considering the large portions of food).. and off we went to White Hart Lane (in Zone 3.. so not a fan of freakingzone3) to catch Liverpool and Tottenham LIVE! It's my first live match so needless to say, I was pretty damn excited =)

I used to be quite into football a few years back, understandably especially so during the World Cup (ah those late nights with my sis in front of the telly.. and my mom just happening to wake up to catch the last few minutes of the game). And even though I kinda lost touch with it after a while, I couldn't pass up on the chance to watch a live match! We sat literally about 10 rows from the pitch and my eyes just widened at how close we were. The whole atmosphere of the stadium was quite exhilarating with the fans cheering and singing for their team.. And the cursing geared towards the players and the referee.. Haha and it's quite amusing to see grown men act like boys.. It was all very exciting and I really enjoyed myself =D

Cabbed back to central London and I wanted to pick up a few things along Oxford street but the shops were pretty much closed -.- will have to run those errands tomorrow.. Was meant to catch a movie with my girlies at Genesis Cinema.. which is somewhat far away from where I live but more than makes up for it with their cheaply priced tickets =) But they wanted to watch a late show and I feel half dead.. plus I have stuff to do in preparation for a pitch to the Givenchy clients on Tuesday.. 

So my fun weekend is coming to an end and the next two weeks are expected to be a bit on the crazy side again.. Starting with typography lessons tomorrow *cringe.. 

[and on a semi random note.. talking to my uncle over dinner last night and again today.. I'm beginning to realise that I might have a slight accent o.O]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home