sunday moring.. come and rest your bones with me
He said to them:
"It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority"
- 1 Acts 1:7
I went to church today.
It's been years since I've been.. well not counting the odd one or two over those years. Just felt that I should start going back and regularly at it too. Was thinking that I should try and find a cell group to go to too but we'll see.. baby steps.
Going back to that particular church was somewhat nostalgic.. especially since coincidentally I sat in the pew where there were Singaporeans all around. Going back today I somehow felt really self-conscious and a little bit apprehensive.. possibly also due to the fact that the church takes a few minutes for us to erm mingle, with the people you're seated with.. didn't really help that when I was walking in to take a seat.. quite a few of the Singaporeans looked up at me and I was like erm o.O Heh but turns out that one of them was a guy I knew from years ago when I still attended BRMC in Singapore. Whilst waiting for the service to start.. I looked around and saw fairly familiar faces from ACJC and BRMC.. I didn't really know most of them personally but I recognised them.. heh it was kinda surreal and not as comforting as I was hoping..
After church I took a nice stroll along Oxford Street and considering it was a Sunday and fairly early in the morning, it was peacefully not crowded and I like it that way =) Had a good lunch at a la mian place called Inn Noodle. During my meal, about 15 Singapore students came in for lunch too. Being surrounded by the Singaporean accent for the whole morning.. I started feeling a little homesick.. There's not enough Singaporeans in art schools =\
Also during my meal.. A Chinese family came in, a father and his two adorably cute boys came in.. Somehow I can only remember actually going out for one meal with my father and sister, just the three of us. Heh coincidentally it was at this really yummy la mian place back in Singapore near Le Meridien Hotel.
And later on another family came in with little kids hugging their grandparents. I care a lot for my family, mine's just not one of those that gives out hugs freely and truthfully, that's fine =)
I was just telling a friend the other day what an amazing family he has.. He's "envious" of my life. Envious of what my family has. I'm slightly envious of who his family is. Though I think the word "envious" is a bit too harsh, "jealousy", even more so. The grass just seems greener on the other side. "Greener" being the operative word here.. But my family's pretty great too and I'm really grateful for them.. and I'm making the best of things so I'm doing good =)
[I initially spelt "grateful" as "greatful".. haha sighs..]
---
I know I did say that I was going to take time off from this blog.. and that a week hardly counts as "time off" in these days of irregular blogging.. but I realised that there are more important things than a time off xx]


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home