Saturday, May 24, 2008

tgif (:

Took me forever to get out of the house today and to school, partly because of the annoying dizziness.. I didn't really trust myself to walk to school in one piece so I took a bus.

Wanted to use my school's pretty graphics computer lab, exclusive for the graphic students (HEH), with a couch or two and pretty sun roof windows =) But my damn work couldn't get printed out properly. Been using QuarkXPress to do the layout of a book for a school project.. The version I have is 7.0 but the school only has version 6.0. So I worked from home, saved my files as version 6.0 and as a pdf file. But for some damn reason, I couldn't open my files in quark and using Acrobat Reader to view my pdf file.. It just wouldn't print the way I wanted it too. It was annoying the hell out of me and after about an hour or two, a pile of crappily printed pages.. I figured my files may have gone wonky when I exported them.. So grudgingly I just left after a while -.-

In a bid to try and get rid of my damn dizziness, I went over to China Town for the yummiest bubble tea and yummy dumplings.. been craving them for quite a while =x Yong Ping joined me and we went round Tottenham Court Road to look for some computer stuff.. Then we went to Pizza Hut for dinner at Leicester Square! 

hey he freely posed for it without any prompting =)
and I just realised that I pretty much didn't take any other photos -.-
(except for the one more pic that's below)

It's been ages since I've had Pizza Hut.. After the dumplings and then all the pizza, I felt extremely full.. but it was all good :D Walked to the different cinemas at Leicester Square to try and find a good movie.. halfway through I spotted this :


Corona! So damn cute I just wanted to hug it and squeeze it! Its even got a 'lime' at the top! :D

Heh so we hopped around the different cinemas.. Er okae for those back home, Leicester Square has eateries, bars/clubs and a few cinemas. The cinemas over here in London, each one tends to only show just a few movies.. so different cinemas, different movies. No idea why but er yea..

Was actually invited to drinks earlier on by another friend, called him up to ask if he wanted to come for the movie, he passed. Called up Alex too but he felt lazy. So heck.. So Yong Ping and I semi-reluctantly agreed, no "Doomsday" (it just looks so bad) and no chick flicks (-.-).  So mainly based on the timings, we settled on "In Bruges".

Read the brief description about how it's basically a hitman sort of show.. job went wrong.. a bit of love.. etc I have a thing for guns and well weaponry, and was thinking of movies that came out last year like "Hitman" and "Shooter"... beautiful snipings and assasins so ok! Besides, Colin Farrell and Ralph Fiennes are in it!

"In Bruges" was pretty good but so not what I was expecting from it. It was actually slightly artsy.. dark/twisted, and in a humourous way at times.. Some of the shootings were pretty graphic.. 

and my eye's killing me again so I'll just end it here albeit abruptly. In short, it was a good movie and I enjoyed myself.. pigging out on ice-cream and a bag of sweets =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home