Tuesday, April 22, 2008

just roll with it =)

so far so good =)

I had a good day today =) The weather's finally feeling more 'springy' and so I walked to school and back without my jacket. Went in for my one to one tutorial to discuss my project ideas.. And with student after student coming in for their assigned tutorial time slots, such things tend to go into overtime. Today, it was running an hour overtime -.- But considering I had about 5 hours of sleep and was a tad bit out of breath (I was rushing to school to be punctual for my time slot [habit]), I just plopped myself onto the couch and chilled a bit with my classmates who were waiting to see the tutor. One of my classmates was going on and on about random things.. and when he started going on about how HE wants to be pregnant.. I plugged in some music. 

So each student or group (some are working in pairs for this project) spent 20ish+ minutes talking to the tutor.. running through ideas, getting advice etc.. Some were sent off and told to come back in 40 minutes with new ideas to have another tutorial. When it was my turn, I was feeling a little intimidated. No matter how many times I pitch for all the different projects that I've done, I still get intimidated. Even when I do presentations. Hell I did tons of plays during my 'drama years', and I still freak out (coughing fits) each time backstage before a performance. But then the adrenalin kicks in and I just roll with it =) .

Rolling with it, I pitched my ideas to my tutor and showed him the sketches I did. Now truthfully, I am my harshest critic. A friend once (probably aptly) told me that I always make it sound like everyone else is better and I'm mediocre.. when people usually put themselves on a pedestal and look down on everyone else. Well I think that description of me is a bittttt exaggerated =x But it's my art, so of course I'm going to be hard on myself and to push myself often beyond my limits. 

Ah but I digress. 

So I very nervously but convincingly confidently started presenting my ideas. He gave me some good feedback (phew! and yay!!) and told me to choose some of my best ideas and suggested some final presentation ways. This all took less than 5 minutes and then he was like - "ok we're done!"
me : say what o.O we're done?
tutor : yes! who's next?

I'll take that as a good sign =) Friend wasn't too surprised how brief my tutorial was.. she thinks my ideas are the best in class (sweet! ego boost!). But of course, me being me.. I'm not fully satisfied with my ideas and want to 'push' it further.. That and I think because I've been circling around this idea for so long, it seems stale to me. 

Ah but I got about one and a half more days to finalise it and to execute it brilliantly. So we'll see =)

---

just got this note from my advertising tutor : 

"See u all thursday, in room 303. 10.30.

When you will presenting your glowing ideas to the class jury.

good luck.

yann"

I like my tutor =)
[yes, his english is a little on the wonky side]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home